Wednesday, March 6, 2013

WW: Little things.

"Enjoy the little things, because one day you may wake up and realize they were the big things." -Robert Brault


Every now and then I have to wake Cooper up from a nap. It is going against everything my mother told me which is to NEVER, EVER under ANY circumstances wake a sleeping baby. But unfortch, I had to the other day, as we had a Little Gym class to go to. I peeked in his room and saw this:

[caption id="attachment_1016" align="aligncenter" width="490"]Love. Love.[/caption]

Sleeping babies are peaceful. You can't help but just stop and watch. I was acutely aware of what a fleeting moment this was; our sleeping baby, quickly en route to becoming a toddler. I've read about the benefits of senses and blogged about how taking time to be aware of them (sight, touch, smell, taste) is a huge contributor to being a grateful (and happy) person.

Life can move fast, and I love the simple reminder to just stop for a moment and take it all in, because you can't get these little moments back. This little guy sleeping was a gift. (Especially when he didn't wake up as I started flashing...ANNOYING mom)!

Doesn't it always seem like the smallest moments are the most fulfilling? Having a great conversation with a friend over  a glass of wine, or a blue sky sunny walk with the dogs.  Happy moments are all around us when we keep our eyes open and don't rush through the day from one task to another.

"Slow down and enjoy life. It's not only the scenery you miss by going to fast- you also miss the sense of where you are going and why." -Eddie Cantor




[caption id="attachment_1151" align="alignleft" width="490"]Because life's a hoot. Because life's a hoot.[/caption]

Take time to take it in.

xox
Lauren

No comments :

Post a Comment

Y'all, comments are my jam! Thanks for taking the time to leave one.