Wednesday, November 28, 2012

WW: Worry.

Y'all I've been worrying lately.

To be fair, this has always been an "issue" of mine. My husband tells me that I need medicine or therapy for my worry-problem and I don't necessarily disagree, but who has the time, really, and come on it's not THAT bad. The problem is that now I have a kid, which is like a WHOLE other crazy level of worry possibilities.



Whether it is worrying about work, relationships, children, money, personal issues, whatever it is- we all do it, some more than others and some handle it better than others. I'm realizing that I tend to be a realist, not an optimist, and, okay, if I'm being honest I possibly err on the side of the pessimist when it comes to worrying. I only see worst case scenario. Fun, right?

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow, it empties today of its strength.” -Corrie Ten Boom

Yeah, yeah we've all heard it: worry accomplishes nothing. I totally get that, but how do you control your feelings and thoughts? Found this awesome blog post written by Mike King that I'm pretty sure he wrote specifically for me called, and I quote: "Why Worrying Gets You Nowhere." There is so much I love about this article especially the 5 things he suggests for controlling and limiting worry.

"Most worriers do so with little reason. If you count up all the outcomes and results of many events that a worrier stresses over, it’s easy to see that this worrying is usually unjustified."-Mike King

I definitely don't want unjustified worrying hanging out at my house, and ultimately must remember that what will be...will be, and more than likely, it won't be the sob-story I've painted in my head. It will be okay. Hopefully this hereditary-worry-trait (thanks mom) will end with me. Cooper will look to and learn from me and Jeff, observe how we handle situations, so it's extra important that I am not such a debbie-downer. Gosh I hope he takes after his father.

"Only 8% of our worry will come to pass. 92% of our worry is wasted. DON'T PANIC." -Mark Gorman

So, here's to a worry-free Wednesday and all the days that follow...Coop says it's the only way to live.





Best,
Lauren

No comments :

Post a Comment

Y'all, comments are my jam! Thanks for taking the time to leave one.