Sunday, January 20, 2013

One year minus a month.

Today Cooper reached the 11-month old mark. That's 31 days short of one year old. Seriously? Seriously.

[caption id="attachment_920" align="aligncenter" width="490"]A picture of Coop, on his actual 11 month birthday. Hey there Coop! A picture of Coop, on his actual 11 month birthday. Hey there Coop![/caption]

Cooper spent the day with a terrible cough; poor guy barely napped a wink but somehow was still our happy, curious , and stubborn determined little boy. He wore his deer sweater today, which always makes me really happy, and continues to always, always be better dressed than his parents.

Eleven. Months.

[caption id="attachment_861" align="alignright" width="225"]Griddle? I bet I could throw that on the floor and make lots of noise... Griddle? I bet I could throw that on the floor and make lots of noise...[/caption]

Well, life changed one day after his 10-month birthday when he decided that stairs weren't so scary anymore, dishwashers are a great play area, and standing and walking around furniture is SO underrated. Like most young babies his age (can I still call him a baby)? he doesn't stop moving. He's got two bruises on his face and if he is awake anything in a bottom drawer or cabinet is on the floor. He has long hair on the bottom of his head that he's had since he was born, but hardly any on the top of his head; I like to spike it up sometimes because it tricks a lot of people into thinking he has more hair than he actually does. He likes to eat his shoes, your sunglasses, and I caught him trying to eat dog food the other day. If you're a girl, he'll flirt with you and if you're a boy, he'll flirt with you too. He's a mamas boy, and he is 100% perfect. 

Having a baby with a cough is SO painful, because there's not much you can really do to help them at this age.  However, I did come across a blog that gave some pretty good ideas. If your in our boat, take a look. It's called The Mama Dramalogues, which might be the most awesome blog name I've come across: What To Do When Baby Has Chesty Cough.

So I didn't love Coop any less when he turned 10-months- but I did stay far away from computers because it was Christmas and we were in Texas. Most days we were eating Mexican food, drinking margaritas or thinking about when and where we were going to do both next. Obviously, this took most of our time. Anyways...here are just a few pictures of Coop's 10-month(ish)  and his first Christmas.

[caption id="attachment_860" align="aligncenter" width="490"]Christmas Eve with Nanna. Christmas Eve with Nanna.[/caption]

 

[caption id="attachment_848" align="aligncenter" width="490"]Annual Christmas Eve lunch with the girls...Mexican style:)! Annual Christmas Eve lunch with the girls...Mexican style:)![/caption]

[caption id="attachment_857" align="aligncenter" width="490"]Coop with his Kennedy Aunties Coop with his Kennedy Aunties[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_854" align="aligncenter" width="490"]Breakfast with the boys :). Breakfast with the boys :).[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_850" align="aligncenter" width="490"]I have a buffalo on my head. Mom made me. I have a buffalo on my head. Mom made me.[/caption]

Many blessings...Lauren

 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Y'all, comments are my jam! Thanks for taking the time to leave one.