Thursday, February 7, 2013

WW: If you can't get out of it.

I recently read something that I shared here on the blog that has changed. my. life.

"If you can't get out of it, get into it."


Oh so many things came to my mind: washing bottles, working out is by self-forcable-choice or I would put it in this category, waking up early with the baby... okay ESPECIALLY this last one. For you it may be that nerve-wracking work pitch, long hours working on an upcoming project, or just having to go to work in general. Coop has been an early riser since birth and has kinda started waking up even earlier lately; like in the 5s. Y'all I'm nasty in the mornings. It takes me a while to be a fully functioning human being even after coffee- the bold kind. Thus, this is the FIRST thing I decided to "get into" after I read this quote.

If I continued down the path of literally dreading waking up in the morning, I would be grumpy, not a good mom to Cooper, probably not nice to my dogs, resenting my husband, etc. Sound like a fun person to be around? I'm annoying myself at this point. Here was my simple action plan: when that baby wakes up early, instead of cursing the husband, the universe, our dog Hudson and all that is good and wonderful...change that first thought in the morning.

"Be careful of your words, for they become your thoughts.


Be careful of your thoughts, for they become your actions.


Be careful of your actions, for they become your character.


Be careful of your character, for it becomes your destiny."


-Ghandi


Thoughts are a powerful thing, y'all. A negative thought can, seriously, shape your day. Days become weeks, weeks months, you get my gist . If we continue to allow negative thoughts to enter our head, no matter how trivial or how small - well you read the quote above, we're forming actions, building character which all in turn shapes our future. It's the attitude we choose to have that shapes our thoughts. Mind over matter. Fake it 'til you make it. And for goodness sake if you can't get out of it, don't make yourself miserable every day, get into it! Take pride in cleaning those baby bottles! Can I get an Amen?!

My mornings are much better these days. When I wake up now I think of the first time I'm going to see that little boy's face that morning, and am instantly reminded of how lucky we are to have him. See how that works?

IMG_6265

Now give me a cup of coffee.

Lauren

 

 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Y'all, comments are my jam! Thanks for taking the time to leave one.