Friday, May 29, 2015

Five on Friday: Guest blogging, lipstick, pictures and decor.

Ah, Friday. Bless you. How are you folks this week? It's been pretty breezy for us over here, I'm starting to figure out our schedule for the summer and I am excited to soak it all in with my boys: pools, zoo, water parks, hopefully some workouts for mama- all squeezed in between our two-nap-a-day schedule. Should be special.

I'm back linking up today with the Five on Friday crew, sharing more randomness from the week!

One. I'm over at Her View From Home blog this morning, guest posting about the greatest gift we can give our kids. Hint: it's all about numero UNO. Check it out!

Two. Found a new lipstick I adore. Brave by Mac. It's like a Twig, which I consider a colorful neutral, but more summer-y. You know for the two nights a month I put on makeup. I don't even recognize myself anymore!

Three. The sun is out here in Denver, hallelujah! I mean, these two are cute right?

Four. I talked about my favorite Memorial Day shopping snags on Wednesday but can I just reiterate how much I love these shoes? They are the perfect, lightweight, summer shoe. And they're cute on, I love them.
Five. Decor is on my brain every day. So much to decorate around here, folks! Anyways, at long last I've ordered what I think will be THE pillow cases for our family room. 
They'll be going on this stone colored couch.
Reminder: this room looked like THIS when we bought the house:
I just threw up in my mouth a little bit. And, yes, I am a neutral gal and my rooms start with a neutral palette. I plan to add pillows with pops of color seasonally. E-ventually. I'll be sharing more of the house reno next week, next up, staircase! You'll be shocked.


Wishing everyone a great weekend!

4 comments :

  1. Love those pillows, the room looks so cozy! Xo, Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And would you believe I took them back? I'll have to share the FINAL decision here soon. Isn't it cozy? It's come a long way girl!

      Delete
  2. I LOVE your blog Lauren! I am so inspired by all of your house updates. We just sold our house and are bidding on a house with good bones but needs a lot of work! Your pics inspire me and help me dream about the potential! Can you tell me the names of your paint colors and trim colors? Also LOVE the kitchen. Did you work with a designer or did you do all of the work? Thanks for answering my questions. I can't wait to see pictures of the staircase you said you will be posting soon! And your boys are soon cute! Katie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Katie, thanks! I am so glad :). I'm so sorry to just now be getting to your comment! I will tell you, I LOVE remodeling. (Minus remodeling with young children). Okay to answer your questions: kitchen paint color is SW Mega Greige, trim is BM Alabaster. We had an architectural designer design the space (because we had some structural issues which required the columns), but we chose everything in the space, cabinets, granite, pulls, etc. AND you just reminded me about staircase (kind of losing my mind lately) I will post FRIDAY! Have a good one! LK

      Delete

Y'all, comments are my jam! Thanks for taking the time to leave one.