Wednesday, June 12, 2013

WW: Laughter.

We're having a discipline problem over here y'all.

Lately, when I'm changing the little guy's diaper, he pulls an attitude and I have to tell him "no" calmly yet authoritatively. He then breaks into a huge grin, imitates me and laughs hysterically. Well CLEARLY I find this is funny and so I laugh, and he's laughing and I forget...why are we laughing? This has been happening more and more often and always while I'm trying really hard to be serious. He cracks me, y'all.

"If we couldn't laugh, we would all go insane." -Jimmy Buffet


Jimmy may be right. It kinda reminds me of those times when I get mad at the hubs and I am really working hard to prove my case, and then we look at each other and both bust out laughing. It immediately changes the tone and softens the mood; it gives us time to get a little perspective.


"Laughter gives us distance. It allows us to step back from an event, deal with it and then move on." -Bob Newhart


 There is so much FUNNY that surrounds us each day, and as I get older I either see it more clearly or am just paying better attention. Either way, today I sure am thankful for it.

(I'm not sure who the woman is in this video, however the baby is so cute I just had to share):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HelgKrg5Lt8

I will keep you updated on my excellent discipline tactics and results.

Laugh it up :),

Lauren

1 comment :

  1. LOVE this video! I would like to request these weekly please :)

    ReplyDelete

Y'all, comments are my jam! Thanks for taking the time to leave one.