Wednesday, June 19, 2013

WW: I don't want to forget.

Happy Wednesday folks!

Have you ever wanted to freeze a moment and file it to memory so you never forget it? Lately, I feel like I am always telling myself, Lauren, don't you forget this!

"Memory is a way of holding onto the things you love, the things you are, the things you never want to lose."  -The Wonder Years




[caption id="attachment_1618" align="alignleft" width="150"]This wasn't THE moment, but you get the point. This wasn't THE moment, but you get the point.[/caption]

Today at Target, we were finishing up our shopping adventure (and yes, with an active toddler it is a hectic, hilarious, busy adventure!) and I was holding Coop as we were heading to check out. All of the sudden, he just started hugging me, like squeezing my neck, head on my shoulder hug. I kept waiting for him to pull away, but he just hugged tighter and tighter. I had my own little euphoric moment right then and there in the card aisle. I thought to myself: 'Did anyone see this? Is anyone watching this sweet, stubborn boy give his mama a hug that lasted longer than .001 seconds?' I never want to forget that moment. It's these moments I LIVE for as a mama. Sweet and fleeting.

"We do not remember days, we remember moments."


In other news, and to make sure we are clear on the full picture of Cooper, these started happening:

[caption id="attachment_1620" align="aligncenter" width="239"]This precedes falling to the floor and rolling. This precedes falling to the floor and rolling.[/caption]

photo (20)

Yes my friends, that you see right there is beginning of a full blown tantrum. He shakes his head, rolls on the ground, and cries. I would TOTALLY just ignore him, however most of the time it's on wood and/or concrete which I imagine is quite dangerous.

Back to living through my rose-colored glasses...other things I never want to forget about Coop these days:

His wispy hair that curls up over his ears just like I hear his dad's used to.


How he runs with his arms behind him.


IMG_7271


His hugs.


How he likes to play in my make-up bag and with my blush-brush and with lipstick tubes.


How independent he is at the park.


photo (22)


His big brown eyes looking at me right before nap and bed time.


How he loves to read and brings me books every morning.


The sound of his voice when he says "UH-OH."


How he loves to drink water out of mommy's cups and bottles.


The way he flirts with ladies in public places. 


...just to name a few. Now here's to hoping all the memories I don't write down are filed away for years to come.


xo


Lauren


 

 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Y'all, comments are my jam! Thanks for taking the time to leave one.