Monday, April 1, 2013

Weekend in-review.

Did y'all have a good weekend? I sure hope so. Hello, April.

We had one of those weekends where I kept thinking to myself life is good. We spent 90% of our time outside, which gets me even MORE excited for what is to come...summer! Warm weather, like all the time, y'all.

[caption id="attachment_1321" align="aligncenter" width="490"]Coop and his friend Thomas at the neighborhood Easter Egg hunt. Coop and his friend Thomas at the neighborhood Easter Egg hunt.[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_1322" align="aligncenter" width="490"]Boys and their mommies! Boys and their mommies![/caption]

[caption id="attachment_1325" align="aligncenter" width="490"]The boys. The boys.[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_1326" align="aligncenter" width="490"]Riding my favorite little roller coaster, thanks Auntie Caroline! Riding my favorite little roller coaster, thanks Auntie Caroline![/caption]

Sunday brought the holiest of Christian holidays, Easter, the celebration of the resurrection of Jesus Christ. I know y'all, contrary to society's marketing efforts, it's not all eggs and bunnies. We as Christians believe that Jesus was the Messiah that Jews had long been waiting for, and he was beaten and killed by the Roman government, buried, and than resurrected to life, appearing to many followers and Jews afterwards.

There was a violent earthquake, for an angel of the Lord came down from heaven and, going to the tomb, rolled back the stone and sat on it. His appearance was like lightning, and his clothes were white as snow. The guards were so afraid of him that they shook and became like dead men.


The angel said to the women, “Do not be afraid, for I know that you are looking for Jesus, who was crucified. He is not here; he has risen, just as he said. Come and see the place where he lay. Then go quickly and tell his disciples: ‘He has risen from the dead and is going ahead of you into Galilee. There you will see him.’ Now I have told you.” -Matthew 28:2-7




[caption id="attachment_1334" align="aligncenter" width="490"]Our little family at our church's outdoor Easter service. Our little family at our church's outdoor Easter service.[/caption]

After church we went back to the house for brunch and Easter basket fun. I loved planning our table decor and menu, it's the event-planner in me, I get a little excited. I was hoping to be more agressive and print some adorable Party Circles from Hostess with the Mostess- I mean how precious is this?

[caption id="attachment_1357" align="aligncenter" width="600"]Free Easter printables. Free Easter printables.[/caption]

But in the end, with only three guests, I kept it simple. Here was our table setting and menu:

IMG_6716

[caption id="attachment_1336" align="aligncenter" width="490"]Menning mimosas. Menning mimosas.[/caption]

IMG_6731

quiche

For brunch we made a Tortilla-Crusted Goat Cheese-and-Asparagus quiche, one of Rachel Ray's recipes, and y'all it was delish! I cut out the mushrooms (because ick) and doubled the recipe. I even think we could have cut back on the goat cheese. We served it with good ole out-of-the-freezer potatoes, and Menning Mimosas, which basically is a mimosa with a bit of Grand Marnier and lime juice topped off with mint for garnish. It was lovely, y'all.


And, as always, joy these days is just doubled with Cooper around. He looked oh so dapper in his Easter tie, and just continues to melt my heart with one unprovoked tongue-kiss.

IMG_6699



[caption id="attachment_1350" align="aligncenter" width="490"]Mimi came for Easter! Mimi came for Easter![/caption]


IMG_6670



[caption id="attachment_1349" align="aligncenter" width="490"]Daddy with his mini. Daddy with his mini.[/caption]


IMG_6675



I hope your Easter holiday was filled with special moments...and wet kisses. 

Many blessings,

xox

Lauren

2 comments :

  1. Coop looks oh so handsome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the table decor and menu! Would have loved to be a guest at your party! And the tie melts my heart... LOVE!

    ReplyDelete

Y'all, comments are my jam! Thanks for taking the time to leave one.