Friday, August 16, 2013

Five-on-Friday

Friday is here! Friday is HERE!

I am excited to be linking up with other bloggers this week again for 5 on Friday! 

There are several things I am loving this week. And y'all, SORRY, a lot of it revolves around the 20 pounder in diapers running around this house.

{one}
Ralph Lauren Navy Heath Sweatshirt.
I snagged this bad boy at the outlets for the winter, and I mean, seriously? Seriously.
IMG_7773
It feels just like a sweatshirt but looks like a handsome sweater.  I die.

I can't wait to see Coop wear this once the temps start dropping again. My husband keeps telling me that the Kauffman boys aren't preppy, and I say? Do you KNOW who you married? Hush now.

{two}
Spinach/Kale Smoothies.

My 17 month old won't go near vegetables. I have to hide them in things to sneak 'em in. But this bad boy? He is always wanting more.
Relaxing with my veggie smoothie in my chair. The life. 
Relaxing with my veggie smoothie in my chair. The life.
It's full of SO much good stuff that I can't help but pat myself on the back as I see him guzzle it down.

Here's my recipe (serves 2, we split):
Two generous hand-fulls of fresh spinach (not out of the bag)
One handful kale
1 1/4 cup almond milk (unsweetened, unflavored)
1 1/4 cup frozen berries (raspberries, blueberries, blackberries)
1 scoop of protein powder (this is safe for the little one)

The smoothie is a little runnier than the average smoothie but this works great because he is able to sip it easily through his little straw.

{three}
Morning Sun.

For those that don't know we live in an adorable Victorian Style house built in 1914. So much beautiful character, but  a very different layout than your typical house. Our living room, eating space and kitchen share a long, narrow space.
IMG_7742
Yesterday morning (and often, really) I walked downstairs and saw the sunlight pouring in the room and lighting up the space. It made my morning.

{four}
A finished entryway table!

Speaking of that particular space I finally finished an entryway table re-do. It makes me happy.
IMG_7748
Sconces - World Market
Mirror - Hobby Lobby
Vase and plant - Home Goods

I also spray painted a wooden K block chrome colored spray paint from Home Depot. I like the way it turned out!
The shoe collector. 
The shoe collector.

And this gem, also from Home Goods, might be my favorite new addition. It's where all the flip flops that collect on the floor throughout the week go. Glorious! (This could all be changed next month, P.S.)

{five}
Francesca's.

Now, I'll be honest, it's been years since I've shopped at a Francesca's, but they recently opened a store in one of my favorite areas in Denver. I popped in and found a couple of items I love.

I've been looking for a mint necklace and just couldn't find one I liked. This one is simple and pretty. I also grabbed a mint and navy chevron shirt- it's super comfortable, airy, and goes great with the necklace.
necklace
Francesca's is a fun spot, and I feel like some of their necklaces are very Bauble Bar-ish sans the price. Cheap way to accessorize an outfit.

Happy weekend y'all!
-L

No comments :

Post a Comment

Y'all, comments are my jam! Thanks for taking the time to leave one.