Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Wisdom Wednesday: My Mental Health Weekend.

Happy Wednesday folks!
Did that fly by for anyone?

If you follow me on Instagram you know that the hubs and I got outta dodge this weekend sans the short guy for a little R&R before Number Two makes his arrival.

We ventured down to Colorado Springs' The Broadmoor for a couple nights; or The Hotel as the locals call it. And let me tell you, if there's anything I took away from that weekend it's the importance of mental health moments! Yes we had a weekend, but even if it's an hour to get a pedicure or take a yoga class, something about time alone and out of your normal environment is so therapeutic.
The hubs and I drove just 45-minutes straight south of our home, but it felt like miles away. The hotel is spectacular, you feel like you're in your own little town.
We went to dinners alone and had no agenda all weekend.
It was divine.
I got a little bump groping by the housekeeping one morning, which by the way, never bothers me. If you want to touch this lump of love, go right ahead!
We also got a lot of "how much longer do you have until baby comes?" questions. To which, I always respond not four weeks, not a month but "Oh just a few weeks left!"
35-Weeks.
Because how much better does that sound? 
Like, barely NO time at all folks, thanks for asking!
After taking some time to ourselves, I think Jeff and I are starting to realize there will soon be a newborn at our house. It's amazing how it's just kind-of 'life as usual' until you slow down and think about the monumental CHANGE that is about to happen. 

Like the fact that we will, in a few weeks, have two sons. 
Two precious little boys - we just can't wait!

I feel so honored to have been blessed with the task of raising two boys, and really hope we can nurture them into two good men by the time we're done with them. 

The kind that never ever abandon their mothers and who always open the door for women and elderly. You know, the southern hospitality kind-of men.
So, Number Two: I can't wait to be your mommy - to meet you and hold you for the very first time.
And, kid, if you're listening, be good to me when you decide to arrive.
Until then, I plan on stealing little mental health moments each and every day.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Y'all, comments are my jam! Thanks for taking the time to leave one.