Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Temper-testers.

Happy Wednesday, y'all! How's the week been?
We have been spoiled, and I mean big time here in Denver, warm, gorgeous days - it makes me so excited for the months to come. But let's talk temper's for a second, because lately I've been losing mine with my toddler. 

Full confession here, I have a temper. I DO, and I'm not proud of it. Lately Cooper has been, shall we say, testing it, and I find myself being less and less proud of some of my daily moments. The last thing I want to do, THE LAST THING, is create shame in my child, or worse! Pass on my temper to him. A couple quotes on this stood out for me as I was thinking about how I can be intentional on this issue.
Not to worry, readers, as far as I know I have very happy little boys who don't notice any of mommy's insecurities.
But alas, I do believe that we should always know the areas in our lives that we need to work on, especially when it comes to relationships and our families.

So, this is just a reminder to myself to work on funneling frustrations with the typical three year old's "no," "I don't want to," and (did I mention?) "no," from moments of discipline to moments of learning opportunities. Because this 3-year old of mine, he is always listening and learning and he never, not one time has disappointed me. 
As his mama I want to build him up and teach him to be proud of his actions. And I'd guess that most of these teaching moments come in times of, well let's call them outbursts. Moments of mommy-frustrations that can turn into moments of mommy-lessons.

I want him to be a little boy that grows into a man with integrity.
And as always, I need to give (and receive) more grace.

So here's to a new week of toddler-testers, and less tempers.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Y'all, comments are my jam! Thanks for taking the time to leave one.