Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Fall into Fall: Centerpiece and Chili Recipe

oct
There is no time of year better than the fall in Colorado.

The leaves actually change, the air gets crisp, people hold hands and skip down the lane, okay, maybe not that last part but you get my gist. It's heavenly this time of year in Colorado.

Last week I decorated for fall and am so happy. I mean, who isn't happy in the fall?

My newest purchase that I absolutely adore is from one of my favorite Etsy shops, Four Bugs in a Rug. Check out all their table runners, I love them all. They were also so easy to work with which in our house is a big deal.

Here's a close up pic from their site:
chev
And a couple pics from our table:
IMG_8078
IMG_8076
The pumpkin is a decorating pumpkin, and I plan to paint something spooky on it soon. I found super-cute templates for doing this on Country Living, which you can check out here. Did I mention I'm not crafty? TOTES not-crafty.

The next  thing on my short craft list this year, throwing together this wreath:
wreath
This picture from Star City Wreaths is my inspiration.Will I fail and order from their Etsy shop? Time will tell.

Another sign of fall's arrival?
IMG_8082
I made my first batch of chili, Vegetarian Chili. I live off of it during the fall, winter and spring. So really, I just take a break in the summer. It's simply divine, packed with fiber, filling and it keeps great which is critical for my lunches.

I have used this old Crockpot Recipe for years, and just kind-of tweaked it with spices and ingredients I like over time.

{Vegetarian Chili -Ingredients}
1 large carrot chopped.
1 stalk celery chopped.
1 zucchini chopped.
2 cups corn kernels.
3 cloves garlic chopped.
2 tbsp olive oil.
1 28-ounce can diced tomato can, with liquid.
3 cups red kidney beans drained.
1.5 cup black beans, cooked.
1 tbsp chili powder.
1.5 tsp salt.
1 tbsp cumin.
1 tbsp garlic powder.

{Directions}
Combine in crockpot. Turn on low and cook overnight.
I like to top with cheddar cheese and avocado (and if no one's watching some Frito's).
fall
Happy fall, y'all!
Lauren

No comments :

Post a Comment

Y'all, comments are my jam! Thanks for taking the time to leave one.